Civil Construction Project Engineer
Location : Kew Gardens NY 11415 US
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20136-BZ1
Compensation : 150000.00 - 200000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 02/12/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10
Required Education : BS Civil, Structural or Mechanical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Civil Engineer for railway construction project management, business development and networking.
- Management and administration for construction engineering projects through project closeout, including overall safety, staffing, direction, completion, and financial outcome.
- Maintenance of construction schedule, financial goals, and quality/safety standards.
- Subcontractor procurement and coordination to meet contract goals.
- Preparation and monitoring of contract schedule and budget to meet project requirements.
- Communication and coordination with the client.
- Review of change orders, submittal schedules, and other applicable project documentation.
- Resolve any issues that arise from unforeseen conditions.
- Responsible for ensuring that project documentation is completed and submitted as required, and completes necessary project close-out processes.
- Preparation of proposals in coordination with business development on related projects;
- All related duties as required to ensure the successful completion of assigned projects.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Civil, Structural or Mechanical Engineering.
- Requires a valid NYS PE License.
- Minimum of 10 years of project management experience on construction projects, railway project experience is required,;
- Experience with public sector agencies strongly preferred.
- Ability to understand and interpret written specifications, plans, and construction documents for work orders and build documents.
- Strong networking and business development skills.
- Good computer skills, with moderate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn applicable software required for project management purposes.
- A valid, clean driver’s license and personal vehicle to travel to job sites is preferred.
Contact: Bill Zukowsky