Civil Design Engineer - Water/Wastewater
Location : Plainsboro NJ US 08536
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20722-AS1
Compensation : 75000.00 - 95000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 09/16/2021
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : BS Civil Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Civil Design Engineer to perform detail engineering designs using AutoCAD, including but not limited to, concept lay-outs and schematics; orthographic and/or angle views to depict functional relationships of components and
- Develop detailed design drawings and specifications for pump stations and piping systems,
- conveyance mains, equipment and controls using AutoCAD,
- Hydraulic Network Modeling of Water Systems utilizing WATERCAD, EPANET and/or other like
- Review and analyze manufacturer’s specifications, sketches, drawings, ideas, and related date to
- assess factors affecting project design.
- Compute mathematical formulas to develop design.
- Check dimensions of materials to be used and prepare scaled engineering drawings.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Civil Engineering or equivalent experience.
- NJ Engineer-In-Training (EIT) certification preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in water/wastewater treatment, storage and conveyance system design for a public and/or private utility.
- Valid driver’s license (clean record)
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019 (or later) and general drafting.
- Experience in performing Hydraulic Network Modeling and Analysis of Water Distribution Systems utilizing WATERCAD, EPANET and/or other like software.
- Experience with treatment and/or conveyance system operations.
- Knowledge of the New Jersey public bid process.
- Effective writing skills, including preparation of reports.
- Effective verbal skills, including the ability to make presentations and/or communicate effectively with project team members, vendors.
Contact: Alex Salewycz