Civil Engineer - Project Manager
Location : Morris Plains NJ US 07950
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20371-MM1
Compensation : 110000.00 - 130000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 11/20/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10
Required Education : BS Civil Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Civil Engineer to act as Project Manager to oversee and develop construction documents and specifications for a full range of private site development and municipal civil engineering projects.
- Manage client relationships pertaining to the management of project work and financial performance.
- Represents the organization in communications and conferences pertaining to broad-aspects of Civil engineering assignments.
- Prepare site plan and subdivision review correspondence on behalf of Municipal Land Use Boards.
- Coordinate and perform site investigations to assess and document field conditions.
- Prepare State and County applications for site development approvals, soil erosion and flood hazard area.
- Manage and address regulatory comments to obtain agency approvals.
- Oversee site designs, including site layout, grading and storm drainage, roadway, and utility infrastructure.
- Prepare engineer's opinion of probable costs for designed projects and specifications for public bids.
- Prepare capital improvement/construction documents in accordance with local public contracts law.
- Supervise, develop and lead technical staff.
- Coordinate with the other engineering and architectural departments within the firm.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Civil Engineering or related discipline.
- New Jersey PE license required.
- Minimum 10 years of overall Civil design and management experience with a focus on site development projects for both private and public sector clients.
- Prior experience managing and fostering positive client relationships pertaining to the overall management of project work and financial performance.
- Demonstrated knowledge of civil engineering principles and practices of related technical areas including but not limited to storm-water management and detention basin design.
- Self-motivated with strong ability to lead teams and develop staff.
- Team-spirited, focused and able to make independent decisions.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
Contact: Mark Manz