Civil Project Design Engineer
Location : Plainsboro NJ US 08536
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20611-MM1
Compensation : 70000.00 - 90000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 06/11/2021
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2
Required Education : BS Civil or Environmental Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Civil Project Design Engineer for plan preparation in accordance with Federal, State, and Local regulations.
- Utilize of AutoCAD Civil 3D to complete plans.
- Assist in the development of design, construction specifications and cost estimates.
- Ensure the application of relevant Health, Safety, Security and Environmental policies on all project activities.
- Promote a strong safety culture on project and functional teams, and work undertaken by contractors and suppliers.
- Knowledge of local city, county and state land use processes and regulations (NJ).
- Design of stormwater management, hydraulics, hydrological analysis, grading and other site development related skills.
- Design site layouts concept through completion using AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate detailed phases of municipal, land development, and water/wastewater projects.
- Civil/Site design of roadways, parking lots, grading, drainage, stormwater management (design and modeling), utilities and construction details.
- Coordinate with clients, regulators and permitting agencies.
- Complete field assignments, such as data collection and construction observation.
- Responsible for bid phase services such as preparing project specifications, bid addendum, response to requests for information, review of bidder's qualification and recommendation of award.
- Responsible for construction engineering services such as shop drawing review, payment application, change order requests and developing punch lists.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Environmental or Civil Engineering
- Extensive knowledge/experience of AutoCAD, Civil 3D and stormwater software, HydroCAD or similar.
- Ability to effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience with preparation and/or review of site plan applications.
- Valid driver's license and ability to travel to project sites as needed.
- Position is from entry level to 10+ years of experience.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines.
- Strong oral/written communication skills and personal computer skills.
- NJDEP Land Use experience a plus.
Contact: Mark Manz