Location : Briarcliff Manor NY US 10510
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Reference Code : 20978-MK1
Compensation : open - 65-80k
Start Date : 03/31/2022
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : Associate's Degree
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Contract to direct position for a CNC Machine Shop Supervisor for 1st and 2nd shift.
- Enforce company rules, policies, and regulations including safety regulations.
- Responsible for training employees for key positions.
- Perform job functions upon request or needs of the department such as programming, set ups, etc.
- Maintain awareness of current industry trends and technological developments.
- Continue education by attending seminars, webinars and courses that will enhance supervisory and management skills.
- Responsible for continuous improvement of machining operations.
- Plan and schedule production workloads.
- Ensure stocking of tools for machining operations.
- Responsible for overseeing set up and programming on all CNC systems and for providing technical support.
- Work with Lead personnel, setup personnel, programmers, and shop supervisors to ensure the production of high quality machined components.
- Ensure accurate and timely programming of all CNC program systems.
- Collaborate with engineering and operation supervisors to resolve problems and avoid production delays.
- Communicate operations and employee problems to Production Manager.
- Review performance of the CNC programming staff.
- Provide technical support to subordinates and machine operators.
Required Qualifications :
- Associate's Degree
- Minimum 5 years experience in CNC / CAM manufacturing environment.
- Experience with CNC programming with MasterCam.
- Familiar with HAAS CNC & VMC equipment set ups and calling programs.
- Familiar with inspection equipment, including dial calipers, micrometers, gage blocks, indicator set ups, gage calibrations for the Inspection of products for conformance.
- Proven leadership and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional problem solving and customer relationship skills.
Contact: Monique Kleiman