Corporate Engineering Project Manager
Location : Valhalla NY US 10595
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20070-JF1
Compensation : 140000.00 - 150000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 12/10/2019
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5+
Required Education : BS Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Corporate Engineering Project Manager.
- The Corporate Project Manager is a new role that is critical to the success of the company and will report to the Corporate Engineering Director.
- Plan, execute and evaluate major projects within the company against predetermined timelines and budgets.
- Building project management competency across the organization and embedding it into the culture.
- Development of a company wide project management approach, including a corporate project master plan and methodology to manage projects throughout their entire life cycle.
- Train key leaders and resources throughout the company on the fundamentals of project management.
- Coach project teams on the proper use of project management tools.
- Lead specific projects from chartering to closure.
- Work with project sponsors and stakeholders to complete robust project charters.
- Dive into key project issues (as requested) to bring forth solutions and ensure projects stay on schedule & within budget.
- Track and routinely report status of key corporate projects.
- Provide recommendations to senior leadership about schedules, prioritization of key projects, selection of project leaders and resources, etc.
- Provide input into the annual strategic planning process as well as staffing planning (ongoing).
- Develop as needed additional tools and best practices to instill project management deep into the company culture.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- Highly experienced project manager with 5+ years of experience, preferably in a manufacturing operation.
- Proven track record of planning and successfully executing both small and large-scale complex projects.
- Thorough understanding and practical application of project management best practices.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, time management planning skills and experience with the latest project management and team collaboration software.
- Experience as a mechanical, process, or chemical engineer delivering on supply chain projects preferred.
- PMP Certification required.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Position is located at headquarters with extensive travel and time to company's manufacturing sites, customers and suppliers required.
Contact: John Forsatz