Digital Hardware Engineer
Location : Wayne NJ US 07470
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Reference Code : 20107-MM1
Compensation : open - 55-70/h
Start Date : 01/22/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 12
Required Education : BS Electrical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Defense - Aerospace
Job Description :
- Contract to direct position for a Digital Hardware Engineer responsible for the development, design, and testing of high-reliability digital electronic systems for navigation.
- Responsible for developing concepts, architectures and solutions to complex issues, performing trade studies, presenting materials for peer review, and for seeing development activities through integration, qualification and into production.
- Responsible for specification and selection of embedded computing resources, high-speed communication interfaces and programmable logic devices as well as applicable supporting circuitry.
- Responsible for circuit design and analysis using industry-standard analysis tools and circuit card layout.
- Produce documented circuit design specifications that meet and trace to system requirements satisfying applicable certifiable hardware development processes.
- Organize, develop and conduct research studies, investigations, or analyses directed toward the solution of complex technical problems.
- Gather, correlate and analyze technical information necessary to the accomplishment of assigned tasks.
- Prepares report, charts, graphs and other documents.
- Determine digital circuit design for performance, signal integrity, and EMI.
- Conduct component stress analysis.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Electrical Engineering required, MS preferred.
- Minimum 12 years in electronics design and development.
- Experience with DOORS (preferred), Matlab, MathCad, ECAD (Altium/Mentor), Microsoft Office.
- Experience with defense / aerospace hardware, environments, and MIL-STDs.
- Leadership experience required.
- Strong digital design skills, focused on high-speed bus and peripherals.
- Knowledge of layout techniques for signal integrity and EMI.
- Good knowledge of current embedded processor and SoC platforms.
- Knowledge in C, C++, VHDL languages, DO-178, DO-254 processes are preferred.
- Mentor signal integrity tools, Altium schematic/layout tools experience desired.
- Experience with communication protocols: UART, SPI, ARINC429, MUX1553, Ethernet desired.
- Must be a US Citizen or be a US Permanent Residence Card Holder as position is with a defense contractor.
Contact: Mark Manz