Director of Engineering & Facilities
Location : Mahwah NJ US 07430
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20461-AB1
Compensation : 165000.00 - 175000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 02/25/2021
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10
Required Education : BS Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Pharmaceutical
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Director of Engineering & Facilities to manage at least 2 direct reports and 6 indirect reports managing facility design, renovation, and construction projects of a biotechnology manufacturing facility.
- Manage facility design/renovation construction projects to ensure they are completed within deadlines and under budget.
- Serve as an engineering consultant on new facility projects at all sites.
- Ensure federal and state environmental permits at all sites are current.
- Responsible for developing, updating and implementing a safety program to meet OSHA and state requirements, ensuring a safe work environment for all employees.
- Implement and coordinate facility maintenance procedures and practices for services and programs including HVAC, sanitization, security, safety, metrology, preventative/predictive maintenance, contract services, environmental permitting, critical facility documentation, space planning, facility asset management, building and maintenance monitoring systems, ensuring compliance with OSHA, state permits, FDA, EMA, and other local and federal regulatory authorities.
- Oversee continuous improvement program to ensure facility maintenance, safety and environmental related systems and procedures across all sites run in an efficient, cost effective and compliant manner.
- Responsible for GMP compliant metrology process for all equipment and instrumentation.
- Ensure as-built drawings and process flow diagrams are maintained and updated.
- Performance metrics for Facility and HSE systems/programs
- Responsible for site emergency response plan.
- Oversee yearly operating and capital project budget for the Engineering/HSE department.
- Develop job specific training and professional development curriculum.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Engineering
- Minimum 10 years of pharmaceutical facility management experience.
- Detail-oriented with strong project and time management, organizational, leadership, interpersonal, team facilitation, and computer skills (Office, Visio, and PowerPoint).
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and written and oral communication and presentation skills with all levels of management and personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and assign priorities in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to think strategically and tactically.
Contact: Allan Berman