Director of Plumbing Engineering
Location : Bala Cynwyd PA US 19004
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20761-AB1
Compensation : 140000.00 - 170000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 10/15/2021
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 15
Required Education : BS Mechanical or Architectural Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Director of Plumbing Engineering to manage the plumbing engineers and designers while ensuring the consistent quality of engineering.
- Sets the standards of design and documentation to ensure the highest quality of Plumbing and Fire Suppression design is provided
- Position is with a national engineering and design services provider.
- Establish and evaluate conceptual designs and oversee project engineer’s design concepts are in the client's budget and quality expectations.
- Establish project budgets and needs within defined scope of work.
- Hire and train new staff as required. Review performance and professional development with Director of Engineering.
- Promote the plumbing and fire suppression work to prospective external and internal clients.
- Set example of work ethic for others within the department to follow.
- Produce effective proposals and present to client.
- Manage client and contractor relationships.
- Assigning key staff to projects and moderate any staffing issues on each team.
- Update master specifications and write project specifications for design projects.
- Participate in design, analysis and documentation training.
- Survey existing conditions and perform field reviews, investigations, processing of submittals during construction administration.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical or Architectural Engineering
- PE License required.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in design, construction and management of project teams and staff.
- Excellent technical knowledge and application with expertise in engineering design and hydraulic calculations.
- Knowledge of current plumbing and fire suppression codes and practices.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD/Revit software and Microsoft Office.
Contact: Allan Berman