Director of Project Engineering
Location : Somerville NJ US 08876
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19886-AS1
Compensation : 130000.00 - 150000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 10/23/2019
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10
Required Education : BS Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Director of Project Engineering responsible for the technical execution of the project scope, reporting to the Vice President of Operations and collaborating with all members of the Senior Management Team.
- Provide work assignments and review performance to ensure the efficient, cost effective utilization of staff, including responsibility for recruitment, development and retention of the staff.
- Provide leadership to a multi-discipline engineering team of 7-10 professional engineers and technicians (mechanical, piping, structural, process, Instrumentation), setting strategic direction based on scope and priorities.
- Facilitate coordination and interface directly with all engineering disciplines, project partners, subcontractors and clients.
- Responsible for the development of engineering schedules, engineering man hours, budgets, staffing and other engineering input for proposals and projects.
- Verify engineering schedule compliance and proactively resolve conflicts evaluating resource requirements and allocation based on current and anticipated work load.
- Setting up and improving engineering standards and guidelines that will increase efficiency and accuracy associated with the engineering execution of the project.
- Develop, review and approval of Master Engineering Deliverables including drawings, specifications, data sheets and lists necessary to execute the projects, meeting project schedule and budget commitments.
- Organizes engineering support to construction and commissioning with occasional site visits.
- Support continuous improvement and invokes change management principles.
- Monitors the use of available engineering computer programs, technical advances and engineering management control techniques as applied on the projects.
Required Qualifications :
- MS Engineering Degree ( preferably mechanical or chemical)
- PE License required.
- Minimum 10 years experience in Power Plant or Oil & Gas industries in charge of large capital equipment engineering and project management.
- Occasional domestic and international travel and potential for planned and unplanned overtime to meet project schedules.
Contact: Alex Salewycz