Director of Supply Chain - Biotech Manufacturing
Location : Ramsey NJ US 07446
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20852-AB1
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10
Required Education : Bachelor's in life science
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Pharmaceutical
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Director of Supply Chain responsible for the cost effective and timely supply of materials and consumables and capacity scheduling to run North America manufacturing operations.
- Responsible for the proper storage of materials and components in compliance with GMP.
- Develop, lead, and optimize Sales and Operations Planning Process teams including Supply Chain Manager, Production Planning Analyst, Shipping and Receiving Lead, and purchasing personnel.
- Develop North American scheduling methodology including communication tools.
- Calculation of available personnel and Equipment capacity of North American sites.
- Lead the implementation and development of Planning, Scheduling and ERP software.
- Creates and enforces proper inventory replenishment procedures for availability of materials, efficient cost.
- Align North American customers to optimize capacity utilization.
- Applicable focus on inventory cost and quality improvement including managing the sourcing process.
- Optimize inventory levels by developing procedures to maintain inventory accuracy and reduction of time to order.
- Review of suppliers and materials for opportunity to reduce cost of goods and leverage contracts.
- Forecast adherence to meet customer demand.
- Create and maintain Supply Chain KPI’s.
- Accurate freezer storage inventory as well as retrieval and maintenance procedures.
- Adherence to annual proposed expense and capital budget for the Supply Chain department.
- Interviewing, hiring, and training employees. Planning, assigning, and directing their work, appraising performance, and resolve personnel problems.
- Develop job specific curriculum for staff training and professional development.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree in life science
- Minimum 10 years of Supply Chain Management experience.
- Experience in a full cGMP compliant environment.
- APICS certification preferred
- Advanced computer applications skills (Excel, Access, Visio, ERPs).
- Excellent written and oral communication, team building, and presentation skills with the ability to speak and communicate effectively with both senior management and front-line staff personnel.
- Analytical, problem-solving, time management, and leadership skills.
Contact: Allan Berman