Location : Union NJ US 08901
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19825-MM1
Compensation : 100000.00 - 110000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 05/29/2019
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 7
Required Education : BS Environmental Engineering, Occupational Health & Safety, Chemical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Environmental
Job Description :
- Permanent position for an Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) Engineer.
- Responsible for technically advising and leading EH&S practices and programs to protect the employees, customers and the environment, championing comprehensive oversight for safe, compliant operations for manufacturing facilities, offices, laboratories, and pilot projects, meeting government safety regulations and industry standards, inspecting and evaluating the equipment, environment and processes.
- Promote understanding and adherence to all aspects of safety, leading the enterprise to sustainable "target zero."
- Implement corporate Process Safety policies, standards, and guidelines, and facilitating and/or overseeing process hazard analyses and revalidations.
- Participates in and conduct audits to ensure compliance with OSHA General Duty and Process Safety Management, EPA and other federal, state and local regulations.
- Reviews and implements corporate EH&S programs, policies, procedures, training, and reporting.
- Conducts chemical and SDS risk assessment as well as operations risk assessments to specify engineering controls and other regulatory requirements that are applicable.
- Develops and implements environmental strategies in the work place, auditing and analyzing environmental practices for sustainability (including workplace pollution control, waste management and recycling) for assigned location(s).
- Directs accident investigation programs, reports or reviews findings, notes trends, and develops programs for improving performance
- Provides and communicates employee safety training and communication programs, Contingency Planning, Emergency Response, and H&S evaluations / implementation.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Environmental Engineering, Occupational Health & Safety, Chemical Engineering or related field.
- Minimum 7 years EHS leadership experience in a process manufacturing environment.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) certification is preferred.
- MUST BE FLUENT IN SPANISH.
- Experience leading and directing the work of others with strong team orientation, ability to influence, and collaboration with all levels of leadership.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, and ERP applications.
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements for federal and state programs, processes and program implementation strategies.
Contact: Mark Manz