Location : Mahwah NJ US 07430
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20233-BZ1
Compensation : 90000.00 - 120000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 07/23/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 8
Required Education : BS Chemical, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for an Environmental, Health and Safety Manager (EH&S Manager).
- Provide leadership and direction in all areas of risk assessment, loss control and environmental regulatory compliance.
- Plans and develops strategies for comprehensive risk management program that includes appropriate performance records of all risk management programs.
- Maintain formal safety and environmental training program. (ongoing)
- Supervise contractors and interface with vendors as and where needed to complete assigned projects and or repairs for any of our sites.
- Continually review existing environmental procedures and methods and recommend improvements to Head of U.S. Operations/Executive Vice President
- Trains new employees on environmental health operations as appropriate to their position in the company
- Provides direction to the NPRC (New Product Review Committee) to assess hazards presented by various client chemicals for processing in our labs.
- Air permit management and yearly reports to NJDEP.
- Process and manage new and revision air permits as needed.
- New Product Review assessments and closure to decision of approval or disapproval.
- Batch logging file keeping for NJDEP year-end reports.
- Set up SAFETY WEB training program for individual, ALL STAFF, then turnover to EHS role to manage forward.
- Support EHS on environment, PPE and Engineering solutions projects for personal safety when they arise.
- Tier II RTK reporting in March.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical, Chemical or Electrical Engineering
- New Jersey Licensed PE preferred
- Minimum 8 years experience with pharmaceutical, food or related processing industries.
- Experience with supervision of maintenance and construction personnel.
- Experience with solvent handling, chemical spill clean up and reporting, emergency evacuations and contingency planning.
- Skill in preparation and fiscal management.
- Knowledge of federal, state, local environmental and safety regulations, protocols and/or procedures.
- Ability to communicate and interact with officials at all levels of government. Will interact with regulatory and quality assurance/quality control groups of clients, as well as governing agencies such as the FDA, NJDEP, OSHA and the NJ Board of Health as necessary or required.
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to professional personnel in area of expertise.
- Negotiate and manage contractual arrangements.
- Assess contract compliance and product/service quality.
- Must be able to work in a small company environment where rapid changes occur constantly.
Contact: Bill Zukowsky