Electrical Controls Engineer
Location : Apple Valley CA US 92307
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20943-MM1
Compensation : 95000.00 - 105000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 03/11/2022
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Electrical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for an Electrical Controls Engineer to provide plant engineering support in the design, assembly, integration, testing, troubleshooting and commissioning of PLC-based control systems.
- Assist with the design and modification of new and existing process control and instrumentation systems.
- Manage capital projects relating to automation and controls infrastructure, etc.
- Complete projects as assigned within defined scope, allocated costs, time commitments and expected outcome.
- Assist in the identification and development of project justification and business recommendations for engineering proposals including providing input for capital planning process.
- Continually improve packaging equipment controls logic for better efficiency and reduced waste.
- Identify and support cost reduction and efficiency improvement initiatives.
- Develop and coordinate all technical training requirements for operations and maintenance personnel as related to instrumentation and controls.
- Assist with quality software system for customized reports and data analysis.
- Support and recommend continuous improvement initiatives utilizing lean manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Promote fair and consistent adherence to all local and corporate policies and procedures.
- Ensures all quality and food safety practices are followed at all times.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 5-7 years previous engineering experience in high volume, multiple SKU, fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Experience with consumer product manufacturing preferred.
- Experience with design, assembly, integration, testing, troubleshooting and commissioning of PLC-based control systems.
- Knowledge of National Electrical Code (NEC) and Underwriter Laboratories (UL) standards, Allen Bradley Controls, AC and motor controls, and process sensors of all types
- Experience with calibration, testing and maintenance of control systems.
- Ability to interpret, red-line and prepare detailed control and instrumentation schematics, ladder logic diagrams, wiring schematics and PID's/PFD' s.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments in a fast-paced, dynamic, production driven work environment.
- Understanding of lean manufacturing principles including Six Sigma, 5S, TPS, etc.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office Suite, MS Project, CMMS and SAP).
- Working knowledge of SAP Maintenance Module and AutoCAD a plus.
- Flexibility to work various hours and shifts as needed, especially during large projects, installations, etc.
Contact: Mark Manz