Electrical Controls Engineer
Location : Montvale NJ US 07645
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Reference Code : 19436-BZ1
Compensation : open - 35-45/h
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : BS Electrical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Contract position for an Electrical Engineer who is responsible for evaluating existing processes and configuring manufacturing systems to reduce cost, improve sustainability and develop best practices within the production process, including HMI and PLC programming.
- Evaluate and improve on processes for various company markets.
- Read and interpret P&ID's (Process and Instrumentation Diagrams).
- Maintain reliable and safe separation equipment while improving production rates, efficiencies, yields.
- Develop innovative software solutions.
- Collect, record, and transcribe data and shows results in reports.
- Develop and implement systems that optimize all phases of production process.
- Provide suggestions during incident investigations, and advise on corrective actions.
- Train customers on proper use of company controls
- Upload and download programs to PLC/HMI's, including modifying PLC/HMI programs, control panel electrical wiring diagrams and P&IDs to process conditions and plant requirements.
- Responsible for the installation and technical support of PLC based hardware and software.
- Estimate cost, reliability, and safety factors.
- Use of PC-based software extensively to produce and analyze designs.
- Generate specifications for components.
- On site customer support and start-up with estimated 60-70% travel in the U.S. and Canada.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with instrumentation and controls systems.
- Experience with system cost reduction and sustainability improvement.
- Experience with PLC / HMI programming.
- Experience with controls system design, testing and troubleshooting.
- Experience with RSLogix 5000 and FactoryTalk View ME.
- Minimum 3 years experience programming Rockwell PowerFlex 700/75X and ABB ACS800/880 VFDs.
- Experience working with electrical schematics/wiring diagrams.
- Able to work in industrial environments with high voltage (480-575V) and high speed machinery.
- Up 70% travel in the U.S. and Canada; US passport required.
Contact: Bill Zukowsky