Electrical Design Engineer
Location : Plainsboro NJ US 08536
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Reference Code : 20240-AB1
Compensation : open - 30-35/h
Start Date : 06/29/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Electrical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Contract position for an Electrical Field Engineer to develop electrical designs, and manage design projects from the review process to the installation phase, including field work.
- Support the manufacture and installation of engineering instrumentation, diagnostics in plasma facing components, and magnetic diagnostics.
- Specify and design control circuits including low voltage AC and DC power distribution systems as well as conduit and cable tray layout and routing.
- Generate and review construction drawings.
- Update and review as-built drawings.
- Prepare project estimates of time and material.
- Conduct electrical installation design reviews.
- Prepare installation packages and procedures. Coordinate and oversee installation activities in the field on tight timescales.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Electrical Engineering,
- Minimum 5 years experience in the design and installation of electrical power systems (up to 480V) in a research or industrial setting.
- Deep knowledge of National Electric Code (NFPA 70) for sizing and specifying electrical equipment (breakers, panels, etc.), conductors and grounds, and related components.
- Familiarity with arc flash calculations, NFPA 70E and applicable electrical safety requirements in
- OSHA regulations
- Proficiency with AutoCAD to prepare and review drawings and configuration diagrams.
- Assignment through Jan 2021.
Contact: Allan Berman