Electrical Engineer - Access Control
Location : Hawthorne NJ US 07506
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20489-BZ1
Compensation : 75000.00 - 95000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 03/16/2021
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : BS Electrical, Computer or Electronics Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for an Electrical Engineer to design low voltage security systems and associated network architecture.
- Work with LENEL access control systems.
- Design integrations to new and existing network communication services and systems including programming and analysis of firewalls and other network security countermeasures.
- Markup drawings and report on field conditions to manage a team of CAD technicians.
- Prepare engineering drawings, cutsheets, and systems submittals.
- Prepare and oversee the integration, installation, and testing of all responsible systems.
- Provide on-site assistance with programming, start-up, checkout, commissioning, and validation processes.
- Participate in job site final walk-through on assigned jobs, complete all job closeout documentation and provide customer training.
- Acts as a technical resource to existing customers and field employees as needed.
- Coordinate and manage work with subcontractors.
- May be responsible for training lower level engineers and specialists.
- Must be able to perform all tasks with minimal supervision or coaching.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Electrical, Computer or Electronics Engineering
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience.
- Lenel Professional Certification required, LCE preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, Visio, etc.
- Thorough knowledge and experience electrical systems.
- Experience in rail transportation projects is preferred.
- Must have the ability to prioritize workload effectively.
- Familiarity with fiber optic networks.
- Ability to interpret complex documents.
- Able to create CAD drawings or lead CAD technicians in changing or evolving designs.
- Prepare, update, store, understand contract and system design drawings and successfully apply to projects.
- Should have prior experience with Lenel OnGuard access control.
- Should have prior experience with Pivot3 digital storage.
Contact: Bill Zukowsky