Electrical Engineer - Assembly and Test Manager
Location : Wayne NJ US 07470
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20417-MM1
Compensation : 110000.00 - 140000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 01/20/2021
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : BS Electrical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Defense - Aerospace
Job Description :
- Permanent position for an Electrical Engineer to manage assembly and testing for aerospace / defense electronic systems.
- Provide direction and assistance to work groups in order to meet required quality, cost and delivery objectives.
- Support process improvement initiatives to reduce cycle time, improve inventory turns and improved manufacturing yields.
- Direct the activities of engineers and technicians to meet identified goals.
- Practice outstanding human relations and communications skills in order to motivate the assigned work force.
- Review customer orders and help develop and implement production schedules.
- Employ Six Sigma and 5S rigors to all areas of responsibility.
- Provides primary input on hiring, firing, promotion, performance and/or compensation decisions for department.
- Mentor and motivate team in safety, quality and productivity improvements.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical degree.
- Minimum 3 years of Supervisory or Management experience.
- Formal quality training a plus (i.e. green or black belt certification).
- Experience in an aerospace system test environment highly desired.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines.
- US Citizen required with ability to get security clearance, as position is with a defense contractor.
Contact: Mark Manz