Electrical Engineer, Controls & Automation
Location : Norfolk VA US 23518
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Reference Code : 20346-BZ1
Compensation : open - 45-55/h
Start Date : 10/26/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : BS Electrical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Contract to direct position for an Electrical Engineer to work on projects for controls, automation and SCADA for food and beverage manufacturing.
- Focus on process improvement and cost savings projects.
- Work on integration of data collection systems and increasing digitization of the process plant.
- Work with a cross functional manufacturing team to deliver projects that improve efficiency and reduce Non-Value-Added Activity (NVAA).
- Deliver high impact projects across multidisciplinary areas including Production, Quality, Engineering, and Continuous Improvement.
- Work directly with Controls and PLC technicians to deliver projects.
- Work with line teams to provide coaching and training as part of project roll out and integration.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 3 years experience with Project Management and Project Delivery.
- Minimum 3 years of System Integration, SCADA and/or MES application development.
- Requires strong fluency in at least one of the following SCADA platforms: Ignition, Rockwell, Wonderware, or GE. Strong SQL skills are a plus.
- Requires excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Familiarity with Rockwell (ControlLogix, PLC5, SLC500) PLC's, PanelView HMI's.
- Experience executing multiple projects for controls and automation.
- Contractor and Construction management skills are a plus
- Three plus years of project experience in FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods), Food and Beverage, or Life Science industries are preferred.
Contact: Bill Zukowsky