Electrical Engineer, Defense
Location : Ramsey NJ US 07446
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20344-MK1
Compensation : 90000.00 - 95000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 10/26/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Electrical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Defense - Aerospace
Job Description :
- Permanent position for an Electrical Engineer responsible for research, design, integration, documentation, and product support of ruggedized military electronics.
- Work closely with mechanical engineers, manufacturing engineers, quality, production, and sales members to support development activities.
- Design, develop, test, document, create or modify existing designs based on specifications from customers and sales.
- Responsible for EMC/EMI (Radiated and Conducted Emissions) testing .
- Creation of product documentation including wiring list, schematic diagrams, and build of materials (BOM).
- Provide hands-on experience and manufacturing support.
- Participate in daily and weekly meeting with internal and external teams.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Electrical or Electronics Engineering
- Minimum 5 years work experience.
- Experience with electrical design tools (PADS, Altium).
- Understanding of various MIL Specifications and requirements.
- Hands on lab equipment skills (spectrum analyzer, signal generator, oscilloscope).
- Excellent time management, prioritizing, and organizational skills.
- Experience with electronic product manufacturing or product development in a small business environment (military applications preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to make timely and effective decisions, handle multiple priorities and delegate responsibilities to ensure high quality.
- US Citizen required as position is with a defense contractor.
Contact: Monique Kleiman