Electrical Engineer (Part Time)
Location : Piscataway NJ US 08854
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Reference Code : 20319-AB1
Compensation : open - 50-70/h
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Electrical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Part time contract position for an Electrical Engineer for calculation of power requirements for terminal operations.
- Responsible for creating specifications and equipment selection of electrical system equipment, including transformers, AC/DC drives, PLC's, motor control centers, control panels, SCADA Systems, and level instruments.
- Provide electrical design, technical expertise and engineering support related to electrical equipment and power distribution systems.
- Take a lead role in electrical portion of capital projects.
- Develop capital and expense budgets including cost estimates, schedules and execution plans.
- Oversee application and interpretation of National Electric Code and other applicable city, state and federal codes and standards (e.g., IEEE, NFPA, API).
- Oversee electrical systems drawings (loop diagrams, schematics, etc.).
Required Qualifications :
- BS Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years experience in refining and/or petrochemical industry in the field of electrical engineering.
- Experience in electrical equipment specifications and/or design.
- Experience in power distribution systems and power load assessments for refinery operations.
- Experience in selection and specification of electrical systems equipment
- Knowledge of API, IEEE, NEMA, UL, ANSI, etc.
- Experience in power load assessments.
- Also need a background in instrumentation and controls for refineries.
- Part time (2 days/week to start and then 3 days/week) for approximately 10 weeks.
Contact: Allan Berman