Location : New Haven CT US 06501
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19779-MK1
Compensation : 55000.00 - 70000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 04/04/2019
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2
Required Education : AAS Electrical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Electronics
Job Description :
- Permanent position for an Electrical Engineer to work as a Junior SMT Process Engineer responsible for establishing and evaluating Printed Circuit Board Assembly (PCBA) manufacturing processes, with focus on the SMT and selective soldering.
- Maintain manufacturing procedures for all PCBA manufacturing processes and provide recommendations and rationalizations for updates.
- Provide process development and support of prototypes, and quick-turn products.
- Prepare process reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Provide programming and technical support for the SMT process equipment used in PCBA manufacturing: Pick and Place, Solder Paste Inspection, AOI, Thermal Profile Monitoring System, Selective Solder, and Rework Process.
- Provide manufacturing estimates for new PCBAs.
- Provide continuous improvement and implementation of best operational methodologies.
- Oversee preventative maintenance and repair of SMT equipment following manufacturer's instructions and established requirements.
- Equipment used includes FUJI NXT III SMT, Automated climate controlled inventory towers, 5D X-Rays, in-line SPI's and AOI's, on-site Nitrogen Generation.
Required Qualifications :
- AASS Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 2 years programming and technical support for the SMT process equipment used in PCBA manufacturing.
- Experience with Pick and Place, Solder Paste Inspection, AOI, Thermal Profile Monitoring System, Selective Solder, and Rework Process.
- Requires knowledge of problem reporting tools and configuration management, Industrial Standards (IPC, ANSI, MIL) and hands on experience with various component packages and PCB materials.
- Certifications to ISO 9001:2008, ISO 13485, AS91000C, ISO14001, CE, UL, ITAR.
Contact: Monique Kleiman