Location : Ridgewood NJ US 07450
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20119-BZ1
Compensation : 95000.00 - 120000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 01/27/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Electrical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Senior Electrical Engineer to work on electrical and power distribution for low rise and high rise multi-family buildings, commercial office buildings, schools, and retail environments.
- Working on standby and emergency power systems.
- Conduct assessments of existing electrical power distribution systems for building condition assessments and preparing scope of work for electrical repair/upgrade projects.
- Conduct damage assessments and prepare recommendations after natural disasters or emergencies.
- Evaluate and design lighting systems.
- Design renewable energy systems and combined heat and power systems.
- Provide medium and low voltage utility services, power distribution, lighting, and motor controls.
- Perform short circuit, load flow, voltage drop, and arc flash calculations.
- Perform circuit ampacity and conduit fill calculations.
- Provide technical, communication, and leadership skills to present findings and integrated solutions to client via written reports and oral presentations.
- Prepare project specifications, contract drawings, and bid package documents.
- Work closely with various project design teams to provide electrical system and equipment design services.
- Working knowledge of the national Electric Code, industry standards and design criteria related to electrical systems.
- Develop Budgets, estimating labor, material, and construction costs.
- Operate computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
Required Qualifications :
- BS - Electrical Engineering
- PE license required.
- Minimum of 5 year experience with power distribution for low rise and high rise multi-family buildings, commercial office buildings, schools, and retail environments.
- Experience with AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of building codes and standards for the tri-state area.
- Experience with LEED energy conservation projects is a plus.
Contact: Bill Zukowsky