Location : Somerset NJ US 08873
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Reference Code : 19971-AS1
Compensation : open - 45-60/h
Start Date : 09/25/2019
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10
Required Education : BS Electrical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Contract to direct position for an Electrical Engineers to support the MEP division.
- Prepare Detailed Electrical Specifications, Contract Drawings and Bid Packages for industrial and heavy commercial electrical installations, especially related to large industrial municipal water and wastewater treatment plants, educational, pharmaceutical, healthcare or manufacturing facilities highly preferred.
- Work closely with various project design teams and customers to provide Electrical system and equipment design services, including medium and low voltage utility service entrance and power distribution, lighting, and motor controls.
- Develop and draft basis of design reports.
- Perform short circuit, load flow, voltage drop, and arc flash calculations using computer software.
- Perform circuit ampacity and conduit fill calculations.
- Maintain detailed Engineering design files.
- Provide technical, communication and leadership skills necessary to effectively present findings and integrated solutions to the customer via written reports and oral presentations.
- Cultivate new client relationships and accounts through quality deliverables and effective customer interface.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Electrical Engineering
- PE License required
- Minimum 10 years experience with MEP system design and project management.
- Design experience with electrical systems and equipment including, but not limited to utility switchgear, distribution switchgear, switchboards, motor control centers (MCCs), panelboards, interior and exterior lighting design, etc.
- Electrical design experience with large industrial municipal water and wastewater treatment plants, educational, pharmaceutical, healthcare or manufacturing facilities highly preferred.
- Electrical design experience in short circuit, load flow, voltage drop, arc flash, conduit fill, equipment clearance calculations, etc.
- Experience with electrical system modeling performance software such as SKM or ETAP is a plus.
- Combined heat and power analysis, energy conservation measures analysis, including life cycle cost analysis are a plus.
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) and/or LEED accreditation a plus.
Contact: Alex Salewycz