Location : Union NJ US 07083
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19897-JF1
Compensation : 75000.00 - 85000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 07/23/2019
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 6
Required Education : BS Electrical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for an Electrical Engineer to work as a Controls Engineer who is responsible for all aspects of a project from initial design of project architecture, electrical design, programming through installation, start up and post installation support.
- Develop and support PLC programs, including Ladder logic, Structured Text, and Function Block.
- Utilize Mitsubishi, Horner and CODESYS-based PLCs.
- Develop wiring and control diagrams.
- Develop HMI applications in GE Cimplicity, Visual Designer, Galileo, and Red Lion.
- Support and troubleshoot existing projects remotely.
- Research, specify, and test new products and systems.
- Write technical controls and operations manuals.
- Assist mechanical design group in R & D projects.
- Conduct controls related R & D projects.
- Work and lead in a team environment during all phases of project implementation.
- Install local network and communication software.
- Direct technician in installing wiring control components.
- Travel to customer sites to provide training and startup support.
- Confirm installation of wiring and control components at customer site.
- Test and debug wiring systems, mechanical systems, programming and machine operation.
- Startup automated systems and commission equipment.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 6 years experience with industrial PLC programming, Mitsubishi, Horner and CODESYS-based PLCs preferred.
- Experience with industrial networking and fieldbus protocols.
- Mechanical Aptitude and ability to perform hands on electromechanical tasks.
- Ability to work independently to complete projects in a timely manner.
- Ability to read and create blueprints and electrical schematics.
- Ability to respond to problems under pressure.
- Experience with project management in a team environment.
- Requires 15 - 25% travel.
- Must be able to remain on site for 1-2 weeks domestically and 3-4 weeks internationally.
- Must be willing to work weekends while in the field.
Contact: John Forsatz