Location : Woodbridge NJ US 07095
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19757-MM1
Compensation : 85000.00 - 95000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 03/18/2019
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Electrical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for an Electrical Engineer for power distribution / power transmission transformer design.
- Design a variety of transformer products including standard dry-type transformers, 600 volt class, and medium voltage through 32 kV, 1 phase and 3 phase, 0.5 kVA through 1.5 MVA, etc.
- Design of general purpose isolation transformers and autotransformers.
- Design of power distribution transformers, rectifier transformers, furnace transformers, impedance heating transformers, and motor starting autotransformers.
- Work on designs for epoxy vacuum cast transformers, 1 phase and 3 phase medium voltage through 32 kV, up to 2.5 MVA.
- Design of control power transformers.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Electrical Engineering required.
- Minimum 3 years experience in designing transformers.
- Experience using the following electrical test equipment: Multimeters, Resistance Bridges, Oscilloscopes, Data collection equipment, Hipot test equipment up to 100 kV, Partial Discharge test equipment, and BIL test equipment up to 200 kV.
- Experience with OPS or other transformer design software.
- Knowledge of transformer theory, single phase and three phase relationships, and electrical power theory.
- Knowledge of properties of various types of insulations utilized in the transformer industry, such as Nomex, Cequin, Mylar, and Epoxy.
Contact: Mark Manz