Electrical Engineering Manager
Location : Canton OH US 44702
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20236-MM1
Compensation : 105000.00 - 115000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 10/14/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : MS Engineering Management and BS Electrical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for an Electrical Engineering Manager to lead the Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Teams for induction melting, heating, and pouring systems.
- Lead technical, electrical and mechanical design efforts across the organization.
- Coordinate the activities of the Mechanical and Control Engineers in coordination with the
- Manufacturing Manager, Aftermarket Service Manager, Project Manager, Vice President and Sales departments, and other international divisions.
- Manage field service technicians and electromechanical repair technician. Key external contacts include customers and senior management within subcontractor organizations.
- Provide technical leadership to the organization including identifying and innovating induction
- equipment design and component concepts and upgrades to existing systems.
- Ensure design documents are being produced and reviewed in a formal process, as well as
- test and commissioning documents.
- Work with project manager and assign tasks to engineers.
- Monitor progress of tasks and report to Project Manager and Vice President on progress.
- Work with Project Manager and Sales department to establish manpower forecasts for the
- department and if required recruit staff to meet forecast requirements.
- Manage engineering effort in support of Business Development and sales activities.
- Monitor professional development of staff and facilitate their development.
- Develop, perform, and oversee the performance of analytical, electromagnetic, MHD, power
- electronic, thermal, and utility system interfacing technical design methodology for modeling,
- designing, and application of induction equipment and power conversion systems to meet
- application requirements.
- Evaluate and solve complex problems with induction melting and heating systems.
- Produce technical reports and publications for use within the organization and by customers.
- Produce patent applications and oversee the application process.
- Provide telephone support to service engineers and customers solving technical problems.
- Support purchasing in identifying, developing, and evaluating components and suppliers for specific applications.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Electrical Engineering
- MS Engineering Management or MBA
- Minimum 5 - 10 years experience in the design, fabrication, and application of induction melting, heating, and power supply system technology such as high power converters, component level power and control electronics, inverters, rectifiers, induction magnetics, transformers, and utility system power quality impact and countermeasure analysis
- Minimum 5 - 10 years of managerial experience directing teams involved with electrical, mechanical, power electronics, and control system design, development, and commercialization.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Contact Mark Manz