Electrical Project Engineer
Location : Brick NJ US 08724
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19866-JF1
Compensation : 90000.00 - 110000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 07/24/2019
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 8
Required Education : BS Electrical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for an Electrical Engineer / Project Engineer to lead the review of electrical design and specification development for various commercial and residential solar and wind power projects.
- Provide oversight of construction and implementation of multiple projects.
- Review and provide feedback for electrical design and vendor drawings.
- Ensure projects are built according to requirements.
- Conduct field inspections, including the interpretation and implementation of contract specifications, note deficiencies and follow up with contractor to effect remediation.
- Evaluate electrical calculations including short circuit, cable and conduit sizing, grounding, voltage drop, arc flash, relay settings and coordination.
- Assist in construction management of commercial solar and wind projects to ensure projects are installed in accordance with the contract, design drawings and company standards.
- Attend factory witness testing for electrical equipment.
- Oversee the commissioning and testing program for new commercial solar and wind projects.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 8 years of experience with electrical design, project management and commissioning for power generation, wind and solar preferred.
- Familiarity with the National Electrical Code (NEC) and electrical standards.
- Knowledge of design and procurement of electrical equipment, including medium voltage switchgear, generators, inverters and step-up transformers.
- Sufficient mobility for construction sites including ability to access rooftops and other structures.
- Up to 35% travel required.
Contact: John Forsatz