Electrical Safety Engineer
Location : Plainsboro NJ US 08536
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Reference Code : 21146-AB1
Compensation : open - 60-85/h
Start Date : 09/29/2022
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10
Required Education : BS Electrical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Contract to direct position for an Electrical Safety Engineer to review and approve facility wide electrical design, construction, operation, and decommissioning activities to ensure compliance with applicable regulatory and code requirements for medium and high voltage installations.
- Participate in design reviews for the above activities.
- Inspect medium and high voltage electrical installations and construction job sites.
- Develop, maintain and conduct training on Electrical Safety topics including Basic Electrical Safety, Lockout/Tagout, Capacitor Banks, Battery Banks and Electric Utilization.
- Adhere to current federal, state, and local safety regulations and codes.
- Modify policies and practices to ensure adherence to the latest requirements.
- Provide professional electrical safety engineering support including developing, updating and interpreting policies and practices, codes and industry standards as needed to advance the electrical safety program.
- Promote electrical safety information and instructions through oral and written communication, such as newsletter articles and small group meetings.
- Conduct assessments of Electrical Safety Programs, including field inspections, procedure and policy reviews to identify weaknesses and corrective actions.
- Provide support as needed to all other aspects of industrial safety including OSHA compliance evaluations, accident and incident investigations, program development and training.
- Conduct receipt inspections of electrical equipment to ensure safety and compliance with contract requirements.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Electrical Engineering required, Master's preferred.
- PE License preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in design, fabrication, testing, and/or operating medium and high voltage electrical systems.
- Experience implementing electrical safety practices and performing electrical safety interpretations.
- Expert knowledge in NFPA 70, NFPA 70E, NESC, Arc Flash Hazards, Arc Flash Analysis, Personal Protective Equipment and OSHA regulations.
- Expert level knowledge of electrical standards, codes, and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to apply electrical safety knowledge through development and implementation of programs and assessments and to conduct incident investigations.
- Ability to apply computer-based tools to development of reports, track assessments, and document evaluations is required.
Contact: Allan Berman