Electrical Security Engineer
Location : White Plains NY US 10607
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 21087-BZ1
Compensation : 70000.00 - 100000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 06/29/2022
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : BS Electrical, Computer or Electronics Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for an Electrical Engineer to estimate, design, track, startup and commission security systems.
- Analyze plans, specifications, and contracts to determine system requirements and selects products, sizes, types, and location placement to ensure products meet specification requirements.
- Design a variety of low voltage security systems including video surveillance (CCTV), access control, intrusion detection, video analytics, video management systems, and others which shall consist of system layouts, electrical drawings, bill of materials, and sequence of operations.
- Design low voltage security systems and associated network architecture to support the requirements of the contract.
- Markup drawings and report on field conditions to manage a team of CAD technicians.
- Prepare engineering drawings, cutsheets, and systems submittals.
- Prepare and oversee the integration, installation, and testing of all responsible systems.
- Provide on-site assistance with or perform the programming, start-up, checkout, commissioning and validation processes.
- Participate in job site final walk-through on assigned jobs, complete all job closeout documentation and provide customer training.
- Act as a technical resource to existing customers and field employees as needed.
- Coordinate and manage work with subcontractors.
- May be responsible for training lower level engineers and specialists.
- Must be able to perform all tasks with minimal supervision or coaching
Required Qualifications :
- BS Electrical, Computer or Electronics Engineering
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in security system design, installation and commissioning.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, Visio, etc.
- Thorough knowledge and experience electrical systems.
- Familiarity with fiber optic networks.
- Ability to interpret complex documents.
- Ability to create CAD drawings or lead CAD technicians in changing/evolving designs.
- Ability to prepare, update, store, understand contract and system design drawings and successfully apply to projects.
Contact: Bill Zukowsky