Electrical Systems Engineer
Location : White Plains NY US 10607
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20934-BZ1
Compensation : 70000.00 - 100000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 03/08/2022
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : BS Electrical, Computer or Electronics Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for an Electrical Systems Engineer to provide expertise and knowledge in electrical systems.
- Estimate, design, track, start-up and commission systems.
- Analyze plans, specifications, and contracts to determine system requirements.
- Select products, sizes, types, and location placement to ensure products meet specification requirements.
- Design a variety of electrical systems including controls systems, rail control systems, tunnel ventilation control systems, communications systems, SCADA, and others which shall consist of mechanical system layouts, electrical drawings, bill of materials, and sequence of operations.
- Designs electrical systems and associated network architecture to support, DDC field panels, MPR relays, VFD's and other various third-party integration devices connected through Profinet, Profibus, Ethernet and Siemens S7 protocols.
- Creates automation system database and job related programming for computer-based control systems.
- Troubleshoots possible issues including identifying and debugging software, electrical or pneumatic and installation problems.
- Prepares engineering drawings, and systems submittals.
- Prepares and oversees the integration, installation, and testing of all responsible systems.
- Provides on-site assistance with or performs the programming, start-up, checkout, commissioning and validation processes.
- Participates in job site final walk-through on assigned jobs, completes all job closeout documentation and provides customer training.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Electrical, Computer or Electronics Engineering
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience with electrical control systems design, installation and commissioning.
- Experience in rail transportation projects is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills. Must have the ability to prioritize workload effectively.
- Familiarity with fiber optic networks.
- Ability to interpret complex documents.
- Ability to create CAD drawings or lead CAD technicians in changing/evolving designs.
- Ability to prepare, update, store, understand contracts and system design drawings and successfully apply to projects.
Contact: Bill Zukowsky