Electronic Systems Engineer
Location : Norwalk CT US 06850
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19796-BZ-MK1
Compensation : 100000.00 - 120000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 07/11/2019
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 15
Required Education : BS Electrical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Systems Engineer - Electronic Architect for specification and design of Electronic and Electrical Architecture providing expertise for electronic systems development, experimentation, and testing of sensor system prototypes and new products.
- Conducting system and subsystem level integration and testing, data collection, and analysis of the effectiveness of the resulting data.
- Act as the Electronic Development representative in a multidisciplinary design team.
- Interact Mechatronics Systems and Software Development personnel.
- Define, document and maintain specifications of the electrical architecture, electrical modules and electrical infrastructure.
- Perform trade-off studies to determine the preferred implementation scenario for new or changed functions.
- Manage the outsourcing of development activities at co-developers.
- Solve problems during first system integration.
- Maintain knowledge and roadmap concerning control electronics.
- Act as a technical coach for designers and other team members.
- Transfer knowledge to production engineers and service engineers.
- Contribute to analysis and solution of reliability issues.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Electrical Engineering Technology, Digital Signal Processing (DSP), or High-Speed architectures. MS degree preferred.
- Minimum 15 years of Electronic Systems design. Multiple years of experience as architect and/or designer of electronic functions, including experience with working in multidisciplinary design teams to establish agreement on specifications.
- Broad technical knowledge of electronics with basic knowledge of physics, mechanics, mechatronics and software.
- Knowledge and experience with electronic systems design and specification.
- Knowledge and experience of computer systems is preferred.
- System understanding of DSP implementations (both hardware and software).
- Experience in developing and modeling real-time signal processing algorithms with working knowledge of Matlab or similar modeling software.
- Ability to support the testing & troubleshooting of electrical & electronic systems to component level using standard test equipment (oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, logic analyzers and function generators)
- Ability to write systems specifications, test specifications and reports.
Contact: Monique Kleiman