Location : Fairfield NJ US 07004
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Reference Code : 20486-JF1
Compensation : open - 19-21/h
Start Date : 03/12/2021
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : High School Diploma / GED
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Contract position for an Engineering Technician to work closely with cross-functional engineering teams on various projects (problem solving support).
- Prepare epoxy mixture to hold product sampling coupons.
- Evaluate coupons under microscope.
- Take measurements using a specialized software.
- Read and interpret blueprints and technical documents.
- Report capabilities in various formats.
- Follow priorities set my Master Scheduler, Operation and Quality Leads.
- Manage work queues efficiently, track on hour-by-hour boards.
Required Qualifications :
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience working in an engineering laboratory.
- Ability to set-up and operate microscope.
- Data analysis and process variable interaction understanding is necessary.
- Understand 5S principals, practices, and upkeep in work area.
- Willingness to work overtime - up to 1 hour a day and up to 8 hours on weekends (as needed).
- Ability to stand 50% of each day, working with mounts on polishing wheel and sit for remaining 50% working under high magnification microscope.
- Ability to obtain IPC-600 and IPC-610 specialist certification.
- Ability to perform or learn Visual and Mechanical inspections in other areas as needed.
Contact: John Forsatz