Embedded Software Engineer
Location : Ramsey NJ US 07446
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20423-BZ-JT1
Start Date : 01/27/2021
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Electrical or Computer Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Software Engineer for developing low-level, embedded software in C.
- Development for real-time operating systems (RTOS).
- Device driver development
- Responsible for troubleshooting hardware and software problems.
- Develop application-level software for RF recording systems, specifically in situations requiring customization.
- Reproduce customer issues in the lab.
- Isolate problems and collaborate with engineers to resolve.
- Develop, execute, and document test procedures for new RF data acquisition products.
- Write applications to exercise both hardware and software.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience developing embedded applications in Windows.
- Low level/driver/embedded development experience in C (bonus for HDL knowledge).
- Experience with Visual Studio - C programming.
- Knowledge of a high-level/scripting language (Java, Python, Perl, Matlab, etc.).
- Familiarity with software engineering tools and practices like source control, unit testing, build automation, continuous integration.
- Experience with Windows application development.
- Hardware & Software troubleshooting skills.
- An understanding of RF signal theory a plus.
- Experience with LabView programming is a plus.
- Windows driver development experience a plus.
- Linux development experience a plus.
- Salary based on experience.
Contact: Bill Zukowsky