Embedded Software Engineer
Location : Somerville NJ US 08876
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19522-MM1
Compensation : 100000.00 - 130000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for an Embedded Software Engineer supporting firmware validation and test station development.
- Develop embedded management and control software for advanced, complex optical networking products to be deployed in live telecom networks.
- Develop device drivers for off-the-shelf and proprietary custom devices.
- Develop management interfaces ranging from low-level messaging APIs up to graphical UIs. - Implement real-time control code for optoelectronic devices.
- Develop offline tools for automated testing and demonstration purposes, including scripting and GUIs and interfacing with lab equipment.
- Develop factory test station software to support production of opto-electronics.
- Develop for runtime environments that range from "bare metal" to embedded Linux and offline environments that include Linux and Windows.
- Develop for custom-designed hardware that includes soft and hard core processors.
- Develop for field-programmable system on chip devices.
- Interface with customer engineering teams.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Experience developing software for embedded devices in the telecom or similar industry.
- Minimum 5 years of C and C++ development experience in embedded software.
- Experience writing device drivers and board support firmware.
- Experience developing for a Unix/Linux environment highly
- Experience with scripting languages Python, Perl, or Ruby an advantage.
Contact: Mark Manz