Embedded Software Engineer
Location : Union NJ US 07083
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 21169-MK1
Compensation : 120000.00 - 150000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 09/15/2022
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10
Required Education : BS Electrical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Software Engineer to develop embedded, real-time software for data management.
- Develop new programs, modify existing code, and provide debugging expertise for a library of software modules.
- Develop and modify software based on specifications, both written and verbal.
- Test code at factory and remotely at customer sites, using running systems or external test systems.
- Develop unit testing skill, methods, and utilities.
- Develop strong troubleshooting techniques and skills.
- Develop and maintain effective software configuration, quality control standards and procedures.
- Direct system architecture development, structured design, and real-time performance analysis.
- Prepare software development cost estimates.
- Update and create User Documentation for all software.
- Occasional travel to customer sites to resolve customer issues.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Electrical Engineering required.
- Minimum 10 years experience in real-time software environment.
- Strong background in the design of real-time data management, Process Control, Distributed Control Systems / SCADA / Telemetry Systems.
- Experience with Assembly language and C/C++ required.
- Experience with .Net and other languages are a plus.
- Experience with OpenVMS developing client/server applications (TCP/IP, IPC, Threading, XWindows, MS, serial communications)
- Knowledge of communication protocols such as Modbus, DNP3, ICCP and Multispeak.
- Strong background in the design of high-end GUI applications in C#. These applications are views into embedded equipment running Linux/C or OpenVMS. Includes human factor design as well as presentation in addition to functional requirements.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Developer Tools required.
- Source control experience required (CVS, GitLab)
- MSI installer/Install shield experience a plus.
- SQL Server/Oracle/ODA a plus.
Contact: Monique Kleiman