Engineering Maintenance Manager
Location : Woodland Park NJ US 07424
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19906-JF1
Compensation : 115000.00 - 125000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 07/26/2019
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for an Engineering Maintenance Manager to develop and drive Maintenance and Engineering departments to deliver and sustain profitable growth.
- Establish and enable a consolidated process improvement program designed to integrate the business processes for continuously improving performance, using the Lean Initiative as the change methodology
- Process improvement work will include improving safety and environmental performance, reducing energy requirements, incremental production increases, and product presentation improvement.
- Support and influence change and provide the direction and guidance for the team to ensure that the technical goals are met for critical manufacturing components.
- Provide technical guidance, training, and mentoring to team members as needed.
- Provides direction and guidance to team members to ensure that day-to-day technical support needs and goals are met.
- Communicate and work with appropriate personnel to support and achieve company goals and metrics.
- Assist production on a daily basis with processing problems.
- Work in a team environment with operators, mechanics, and exempt professionals.
- Provide process-engineering support to operations and maintenance organization.
- Consult with VP of Manufacturing to establish strategic plans and objectives that identify goals, scheduling, risks, contingency plans, and allocation of resources for process improvement.
- Define and implement process improvements to improve operations and unit cost.
- Monitor performance and oversee internal, supplier, vendor and personnel process improvement through a tracking/scorecard mechanism/metrics.
- Provide process-engineering support for project work.
- Plan and maintain schedules for major area projects.
- Identify and improve data collection to investigate abnormal conditions and find root cause.
- Lead production teams to define and implement improvement projects for capacity, yield, cycle time, and cost.
- Integrate and standardize Six Sigma concepts and tools.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Engineering
- Minimum 5 years process engineering or maintenance experience preferred
- Extensive printing, extrusion and converting systems knowledge and expertise.
- Experience with high volume operations.
- Change Control Leadership experience.
- SAP/ERP experience desired.
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish/English)
- Polished presentation, business acumen and facilitation skills.
- Good understanding of lean manufacturing principles.
- Good understanding of team based self-managing principles.
Contact: John Forsatz