Engineering Manager, Aerospace
Location : Ramsey NJ US 07446
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 21067-MK1
Compensation : 175000.00 - 200000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 06/08/2022
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 15
Required Education : BS Electrical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Defense - Aerospace
Job Description :
- Permanent position for an Engineering Manager with an mechanical or electrical engineering background to coordinate and direct projects for rugged electronics.
- Manage a team of Mechanical and Electrical Engineers to guarantee the design of quality products, as per customer specifications, on time and at target cost.
- Responsible for the program management of projects during development, production and sustainment.
- Define and ensure proper methods are followed to guarantee that proper design rules, schedules, cost and performances are achieved by the Engineering department.
- Interface daily with Production, Purchasing, and customers to manage ongoing projects.
- Attend daily production meetings and weekly backlog meetings.
- Interface closely with customers to provide support during projects.
- Interface with business development, marketing and sales to enhance the business portfolio and provide support during quotation.
- Work closely with Business Development to provide future opportunities for existing customers and solutions for new customers.
- Organize and improve the organization of the engineering department in a growing environment.
- Maintain and improve relevant operating procedures in accordance with ISO9001 requirements.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Electrical Engineering, Master's degree is a plus.
- Minimum 15 years previous experience in manufacturing preferably in smaller business environment, and in field designing electronic products for the military.
- Leadership and management experience.
- Detailed knowledge and experience in design for manufacture and assembly concepts.
- Detailed knowledge of Military Standards and practices.
- Experience with ISO 9001; 2015 background a plus.
- Mechanical/electrical aptitude, ability to analyze application requirements, provide failure analysis, select components, and make recommendations to meet system requirements.
- Proficiency in 3D CAD Mechanical software is required. Knowledge of SolidWorks is preferred.
- Strong customer service skills managing multiple clients in a high-volume and fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Must be a US citizen as position is with a defense contractor.
Contact: Monique Kleiman