Engineering Product Manager
Location : Parsippany NJ US 07054
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20349-MK1
Compensation : 120000.00 - 150000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 10/29/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Electrical or Computer Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Product Manager responsible for managing the roadmap, pricing, packaging, and documentation of new product ideas.
- Maintain good customer and market knowledge to lead product development efforts, including high speed video and imaging software / hardware products, and audio / video communications software / hardware products.
- Responsible for leading a five person product team and four person business development team.
- Establish an annual business plan with input from Business Development that is mutually
- agreed upon with the CEO, and reviewed on a monthly basis.
- Achieve revenue and profit goals as outlined in the business plan using agreed resources.
- Set and communicate a product vision supported by a technical development road map that
- supports market requirements.
- Implement software and hardware testing procedures and automate when possible.
- Responsible for overseeing documentation, and training content and delivery.
- Perform vendor selection, including QA monitoring and inventory management.
- Responsible for product support, including technical engineering support.
- Oversee patent process, including new patents and "IP landscape" with outside counsel.
- Maintain contact as needed with university licensor of video product.
- Develop successful marketing strategies, working in concert with Business Development.
- Interface with customers, both commercial and government, working with Business Development and Sales.
- Collect and measure key product metrics against goals to inform success of each release
- and plan iterations accordingly
- Translate market trends into a compelling product direction and vision.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Electrical or Computer Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years experience with product management and business development.
- Software programming experience.
- US Citizen or US permanent resident required as position is with a defense contractor.
Contact: Monique Kleiman