Engineering Program Manager
Location : Caldwell NJ US 07006
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20201-AS1
Compensation : 100000.00 - 125000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 05/01/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10
Required Education : BS Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Defense - Aerospace
Job Description :
- Permanent position for an Engineering Program Manager to ensure the team understands our customer's business needs and guide the team in all phases of programs from inception through completion.
- Manage projects for back and edge-lighting of Human Machine Interface panels and display bezels and key-pads for avionics.
- Lead (coral) individuals in a team fashion on select projects.
- Propose a plan that leverages practical knowledge of our processes and meets the many milestones in a program (customer requirements will drive these).
- Work primarily in both Commercial and Military Aerospace.
- Responsible for the cost; schedule and technical performance.
- Establish and maintain rapport with key customer account peers, and assigned internal business development team members.
- Define project tasks and resource requirements; be prepared to perform a variety of process roles in this small entrepreneurial environment.
- Help to develop our new processes for all-encompassing project plans, risk assessments, change control, budgets and technical progress reports.
- Ensure high quality of deliverables and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Report, manage, mitigate project issues, risks, and escalations, and ensure deliverable signoff.
- Ensure and oversee launch of fully-functional deliverables on time, within budget, and within agreed-upon scope.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with the Aerospace and Defense Industry.
- Strong project management skills, PMP preferred.
- Outstanding communication (both verbally and written).
- Negotiation, organizational, time management, and leadership skills training are a plus.
- Knowledge of manpower planning, milestone scheduling, PM tools, and related financial management (P&L).
- Capable of managing and working in an environment that is ever changing and demanding, with a focus on problem resolution and process improvement.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products to include: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Project.
- Proven team player with outstanding customer relationship management.
Contact: Alex Salewycz