Environmental Scientist - Field Manager
Location : Ridgewood NJ US 07450
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20484-BZ1
Compensation : 65000.00 - 70000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 03/10/2021
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, or Chemistry
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Environmental
Job Description :
- Permanent position for an Environmental Scientist / Field Manager to manage field activities and conduct site inspections at a variety of facilities, collect samples, compile information, analyze data, and prepare reports.
- Coordinate and conduct field sampling and prepare associated documentation, including soil, groundwater, vapor intrusion, indoor air, and/or bulk sampling.
- Prepare tables summarizing field sampling results and compare them to applicable standards.
- Research federal and state environmental regulatory requirements.
- Draft memos documenting field work and research.
- Draft reports in general conformance with NJDEP, NYSDEC, and/or other state and federal regulations and requirements.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Environmental Science, Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with environmental site remediation.
- Experienced with NJDEP, NYSDEC, and other state / federal regulatory requirements is a MUST.
- Knowledge of NJDEP Field Sampling Procedures Manual needed.
- Understanding of the NJDEP Site Remediation Reform Act (SRRA) is a MUST.
- Understanding of NJ Licenses Site Remediation Professional (LSRP) responsibilities.
- Experience with PA/SI & Phase I/Phase II inspections and report writing.
- Experience with environmental soil, groundwater, and air sampling.
- Possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Soil and GW borings, logs, and well installations experience preferred.
- Data analysis for compliance averaging and establishment of alternate remediation standards experience preferred.
- Experience with fate and transport analysis to support CEA's preferred.
- Experience with Indoor Air Quality sampling preferred.
- 40-hour HAZWOPER, NJDEP Subsurface Evaluator, and UST training preferred.
Contact: Bill Zukowsky