FAA Repair Engineer
Location : Union NJ US 07083
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20984-JF-DF1
Compensation : 75000.00 - 95000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 04/07/2022
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : AAS Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering or Aviation Maintenance
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Defense - Aerospace
Job Description :
- Permanent position for an Aftermarket Repair Engineer responsible for developing new repair processes to expand repair capabilities and drive growth at a leading aerospace manufacturing company.
- Evaluate customer specifications, component maintenance manuals, FAA regulations and approved technical data.
- Develop and substantiate DER approved repair specifications.
- Recognize the need for new repairs that are not specified in current technical data.
- Write and develop repair processes as required to support FAA DER, EASA or OEM approval.
- Provide training for technicians and support the introduction of new repair processes into production.
Required Qualifications :
- AAS Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or Aviation Maintenance.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with aviation maintenance and repair.
- Experience developing repair specifications.
- Communicate effectively with multi-functional teams, customers, and the FAA.
- Knowledge of basic structural design and analysis of mechanical components.
- Understanding and experience with aircraft and their related systems/
- Experience with 3D CAD Software (Inventor, SolidWorks, Unigraphics, etc.)
- FAA DER or ODA UM desired.
- Aircraft maintenance experience desired.
- Experience with Department of Defense Source Approval Request process desired.
- FAA A&P License desired.
Contact: John Forsatz