Location : Gloucester City NJ US 08030
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Reference Code : 20438-AB1
Compensation : open - 44-59/h
Start Date : 02/09/2021
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10
Required Education : BS Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Contract position for a Fabrication Engineer for 10+ month project to oversee the fabrication of complex mechanical systems, components and equipment of nuclear reactor construction.
- Represent owner as single point of contact for any communication and issues with subcontractor.
- Provide all labor necessary to complete construction according to Statement of Work, standards and project requirements by reviewing procedures, specifications, and drawings.
- Monitor procedure and standard compliance and stop work as needed if subcontracting factory is non-compliant.
- Witness hold points and provide approval to proceed with Technical Representative.
- Maintain photographic record, provide daily reports, and participate in weekly status meetings.
- Participate in remote training at the beginning of the project.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering
- Minimum 10 years experience with the fabrication or construction of complex mechanical systems and components.
- In-depth familiarity with manufacturing and welding processes and standards including those for nickel alloy welding.
- Familiarity with inconel and other specialty metals.
- Familiar with GD&T and metrology methods to measure tight tolerances.
- Experience in fabrication tooling.
- Familiar with MS Office software.
- Able to travel approx. 30% to off-site vendor facilities throughout the US.
Contact: Allan Berman