Facilities Engineer, Hospitality / Hospitals
Location : New York NY US 10075
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20329-MK1
Compensation : 100000.00 - 120000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 10/16/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10
Required Education : BS Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Facilities Engineer for building and infrastructure maintenance, including preventive maintenance, minor repairs and renovation projects.
- Responsible for preparation of monthly reports on maintenance, scheduling, work orders,
- and other on-site activities and review reports from Maintenance team.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory of tools, equipment, and supplies and identify cost
- saving opportunities; oversee deliveries of supplies, confirm purchase orders are accurate.
- Work with Housekeeping staff and House Managers to ensure Housekeeping standards are
- met through proper training that address legal compliance and best practices for safety
- particularly regarding radioactive waste disposal and removal, equipment use, and supplies.
- Attend related trainings to gain or maintain professional certifications or knowledge of
- compliance procedures, best practices and trade skills.
- Develop and maintain a building and facilities policy and procedural manual; create and
- ensure standards (SOPs) for the building.
- Document all incidents and report any problems according to the policy and procedures
- manual or legal guidelines.
- Identify cost saving opportunities through state or city-wide programs that relate to energy or
- other utility savings.
- Work with House security and volunteer greeters to secure the entrance and monitor the
- coming/goings of all guests and greet all who enter the facility.
- Maintain a supportive and caring environment at all times and protect the integrity of the
- organization and its Mission.
- Be attentive and observant of all parts of the facility and operations to ensure a safe and
- secure environment for all staff and guests; report violations or concerns in a timely fashion.
- Serve as a resource for families, guests, staff, volunteers, donors and other community
Required Qualifications :
- BS Engineering
- Minimum 10 years of related experience including direct hands-on experience with HVAC systems, operating engineering equipment, general plumbing, electrical and carpentry.
- Certifications for S-12 City-Wide Sprinkler Systems, S-13 City-Wide Standpipe System, P-98 Fuel Oil Transfer, and P-99 Low Pressure Boiler.
- Universal EPA, Refrigerant, HVAC certifications preferred.
- Requires a NYC Fire Life Safety Director Certificate or ability to secure it within the 12 months of employment.
- Working knowledge and understanding of electric (utility & emergency power) distributions systems, HVAC, cooling tower operation and BMS operations.
- Experience creating and managing budgets, purchasing supplies and inventory controls.
- Supervision, training and performance management experience,particularly for OSHA and other safety compliance.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word).
- Experience with BMS systems, work-order, inventory or other software platforms a plus.
- Flexible work-style with ability to adjust priorities, multi-task, meet deadlines and manage time appropriately in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to lift, push, pull, and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, and climb for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work some nights, weekends and holidays, on-call 24/7.
- Experience working in a hospital, hotel or related environment preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of CHP (Combine Heat & Power) plant a plus.
- Knowledge of additional language(s) a plus.
- Valid Driver's License a plus.
Contact: Monique Kleiman