Location : Linden NJ US 07036
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19922-JF1
Compensation : 85000.00 - 100000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 08/14/2019
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : BS Facilities Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Facilities Engineer to oversee electrical infrastructure, maintenance, EH&S, energy, instrumentation & controls, civil engineering, and HVAC needs.
- Support the Facility Manager by addressing the maintenance needs of the facility through inspections of the grounds, buildings and various other structures.
- Provide supervision and project management support for construction, maintenance and repair activities.
- Lead and analyze projects and technical responsibilities that a typical facility would have on a day-to-day basis.
- Assist the Facility Manager in the implementation of the facility maintenance program and assist with the responsibilities of the Facility Maintenance Department.
- Responsible for the supervision of a facility maintenance team, including supervision of workorders, payroll, parts and materials stores and requisitions, safety, quality standards, and productivity.
- Directly supervise and work with union mechanics to ensure that daily tasks related to the facilities systems are conducted, as well as establish a recurring program of more comprehensive maintenance.
- Perform scheduled and periodic inspections of facility condition and infrastructure, including pavement, drainage system, mooring systems, buildings, etc.
- Document and report any deficiencies and make recommendations to remedy.
- Manage projects to remedy deficiencies.
- Propose and develop designs for the improvement of facilities considering operating performance and safety.
- Prepare, schedule, and manage assigned engineering and construction projects while effectively coordinating with all stakeholders.
- Assist with and prepare designs and specifications.
- Assist in the development of project budgets and track costs and progress against budgets and schedules.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Facilities Engineering or equivalent engineering discipline.
- Must be able to obtain Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC) through the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
- Applicable work experience in facility, civil/structural or mechanical engineering with relevant hands-on field inspection and project management experience.
- Experience with structural and mechanical engineering principles, codes, best practices and designs.
- Familiarity with safety rules, regulations, fire safety codes, best practices and performance standards associated with operation and maintenance of buildings, facilities, and an industrial environment.
- Facilities Management Professional (FMP), Certified Professional Maintenance Manager (CPMM), or Certified Plant Engineer (CPE) is a plus.
- Proficiency in 2D Computer Aided Design Systems is a plus
Contact: John Forsatz