Location : Morristown NJ US 07960
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20794-MK1
Compensation : 140000.00 - 150000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 11/11/2021
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Facilities Engineer to make recommendations regarding assignments, promotion, transfer, and termination of employment of all building and grounds employees.
- Certify payroll information for all persons under his/her supervision.
- Oversee departmental personnel including employment practices, orientation for new employees, supervision and evaluation of job performance, on the job training, work schedules, work assignments, procurement of substitutes, and daily scheduling.
- Plan and supervise the implementation of various programs related to the operation, maintenance, repair, cleanliness, safety, and security of all school district buildings, grounds, and all related equipment.
- Prepare departmental budget in purchasing of supplies and equipment, and the development of specifications attendant to acquisition of work and materials necessary for operation of the plant.
- Review and approve departmental purchase orders, requisitions and payments.
- Represent the Board of Education in the day-to-day Facilities with architects, engineers, and contractors employed by the district.
- Serve as the Board of Education’s representative on physical plant matters, including liaison with borough committees, the Borough Engineer’s Office, the Police and Fire Departments, all state agencies, and any other relevant organizations.
- Prepare specifications for bids relating to services contracted to the district in areas of responsibility.
- Inspect, supervise and report upon the performance and adherence to terms and conditions of services contracted to the district in areas of responsibility.
- Organize and implement all programs related to preventive, proactive maintenance and report all physical plant needs to the Board of Education with recommendations for improvement.
- Oversee the repair, lubrication, and cleaning of all boilers and related equipment.
- Conduct regular physical inspections of all facilities.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- Significant experience and / or education in the management and operation of public properties and facilities.
- Knowledge of fundamentals of compliance with NJ School Building Regulations, Uniform Construction Code, AHERA, PEOSHA Regulations, HVAC systems, Right-To-Know Laws, Pesticide Application(IPM), Indoor Air Quality Standards, etc.
- Demonstrated successful experience with supervision of custodial, grounds, and maintenance staff.
- Experience and understanding of public contracting law including preparation of bid specifications and requests for quotations.
- Knowledge and understanding of budget preparation for departmental expenditures.
- Skills relating to leadership, oral and written communication, managing construction and renovation projects, computer usage and software applications.
Contact: Monique Kleiman