Fiber Optic Technician
Location : Somerville NJ US 08876
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Reference Code : 20831-MM1
Compensation : open - 16-19/h
Start Date : 12/17/2021
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : High School Diploma
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Contract to direct position for a Fiber Optic Technician for assembly and testing of optical components to meet production and quality requirements.
- Responsible for optical fiber handling, fiber cleaving, fiber splicing, and optical power measurements.
- Comply with use of required personal protective equipment including those for a clean room such as safety glasses, gloves, hairnets, and booties.
- Accurately adhere to process documents and instructions and promptly elevate any issues, questions, or concerns.
- Receive training in all necessary operations and functions.
- Prepare fiber components by cutting to length, stripping, spooling, cleaving, splicing, and gluing; safely use equipment/hand tools required for these operations.
- Label and package product according to procedures and product documentation.
- Accurately document process conditions and product test results as required by supervisor or engineering instructions.
- Support 5S by maintaining a clean work area, including; sweeping the floor, cleaning counters, and ensuring tools and parts are kept in their designated places.
- Maintain equipment and tool cleanliness and upkeep through participation in Total Productive Maintenance program.
- Work closely with other Technicians and Engineers.
- Promptly inform the Team Leader and/or Supervisor of any newly recognized Safety, Quality, or Production concerns.
- Assist other Technicians as required.
Required Qualifications :
- High School Diploma or GED
- Computer Skills (MS Outlook / Word / Excel).
- Basic math skills (a good understanding of fractions, decimals, metrics, and the ability to do simple conversions and calculations using a calculator).
- Good hand eye coordination, able to handle small optical fibers.
- Able to read work instructions and to write legibly.
- Demonstrated people and communication skills.
Contact: Mark Manz