Field Service Engineer
Location : Saddle River NJ US 07458
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20645-BZ1
Compensation : 35.00 - 45.00 USD/HOUR
Start Date : 07/22/2021
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : AAS Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Pharmaceutical
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Field Service Engineer to perform troubleshooting, preventative maintenance, installation, and modification for automatic inspection machinery.
- Responsible for vision system and particle sensor parameter setup for inspection of vials, ampules, cartridges and syringes.
- Support of other types of pharmaceutical packaging and inspection equipment as needed.
- Perform machine installation with Senior Engineer, and assist in Site Acceptance Testing.
- Check and troubleshoot electrical wiring and circuits.
- Check and perform lubrication with oils and greases.
- Perform electrical and mechanical calibration and alignments.
- Inspect and replace worn or damaged spin bearings.
- Inspect and replace worn or damaged spin belts and brakes.
- Maintain routine communication with customer contacts to ensure proper function of machines.
- Assist at Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) with customer at company's facility in Japan.
- Perform PC repairs and upgrades, both at office and at customer site.
- Tear down and rebuild older inspection machines with Senior Engineer.
- Lift items up to 30 pounds, maneuver equipment for placement and to bend down and work within lower areas of machine.
- Work in tight quarters; on top and underneath equipment and must be able to stand, stoop and bend continuously
- Generate recommended spare parts list for inspection machine.
- Process expense reports and trip reports on all service visits in a timely fashion.
Required Qualifications :
- AAS Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or 2+ years of vocational/ technical training on electromechanical systems, BS preferred.
- Minimum 3 years experience working in a Field Service capacity on industrial machinery or capital equipment.
- Experience in Vision Systems is highly desired
- Requires up to 75% overnight travel, largely in North America, some international which requires a valid Driver’s License / Passport or ability to acquire a Passport.
Contact: Bill Zukowsky