Field Service Technician
Location : Somerville NJ US 08876
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20522-AS1
Compensation : 60000.00 - 70000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 04/08/2021
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Field Service Technician to provide technical and logistical support to customers for company supplied process systems and equipment.
- Extensive domestic and international travel, 30-70%, including long term assignments.
- Perform electrical and mechanical start-up and commissioning tasks.
- Perform mechanical and electrical checks.
- Verify equipment is properly installed and is ready for operation by customer's personnel.
- Perform equipment optimization and tests.
- Record appropriate initial operation data.
- Provide company with accurate equipment checkout, start up and performance reports.
- Supervise and coordinate start-up efforts from all company product lines and outside vendors.
- Ensure system compliance within the scope of the customer's performance criteria.
- Develop and implement job specific preventive and corrective maintenance programs.
- Develop and implement job specific training programs to cover both classroom and hands on operational training.
- Develop instructor's guides and lesson plans covering all aspects of training on systems and equipment components.
- Review specifications with the customer to ensure equipment compliance.
- Implement operational requirements to ensure success during equipment trials.
- Provide field drawing mark-ups to company designers for "as built" drawing revisions.
- Review "as built" drawings prior to final release.
- Perform commissioning and start-up efficiently to meet the customer's schedule.
- Coordinate the activities of vendors and other on-site personnel.
- On turn-key systems, provide site review to the Project Manager.
- Perform job site inspections with vendors and contractors who will be performing or bidding on the installation.
- Supervise all contractors and inspect all work in progress.
- Provide progress reports to the Project Manager and Customer Representative.
- Develop and maintain punch lists to track outstanding items and deficiencies for project completion.
Required Qualifications :
- Technical degree or equivalent experience with field service of process equipment.
- Minimum 5 years previous field service experience.
- Proficient in the use of computers.
- Experience with programmable controllers (PLCs) and operator interface terminals.
- Previous experience working with mechanical drawings, electrical drawings, and operation and maintenance manuals.
- Ability to travel extensively, domestic and internationally (sometimes with short notice) as required - 30 - 70%.
- Experience with project management and organizational skills.
- Experience producing clear, complete, and accurate technical reports.
Contact: Alex Salewycz
To search all of our 100+ jobs, please visit www.EngineeringResource.com
Please send all inquiries to AS@EngineeringResource.com