Location : Merrick NY US 11566
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20859-JF-JT1
Compensation : 120000.00 - 150000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 02/28/2022
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10
Required Education : BS Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Firmware Engineer to participate in all aspects of the design and maintenance of hardware and firmware for commercial and industrial security products.
- Use appropriate development tools, compilers, and simulation tools.
- Work in a team environment to plan, organize, execute and thoroughly document complex system designs.
- Testing and debugging the interoperability of hardware and software.
- Manage and support multiple tasks on a consistent basis, while providing the highest level of service.
- Responsible for full life-cycle software development with programming to include conceptual design, general coding, release to manufacturing testing, and quality assurance.
- Produce final release software for manufacturing including associated documentation.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant applied experience.
- The ideal candidate will have a clear understanding of and hands-on experience with microprocessor firmware development.
- Experience with Microcontroller competencies: Microchip, Nordic ARM cortex.
- Experience with writing bootloaders for microprocessors on new and existing PCBAs.
- Experience with writing embedded firmware in C for a Real-Time Operating System (RTOS).
- Experience with Bluetooth/NFC implementation.
- Experience with network communication protocols (TCP/IP, UDP)
- Experience with common communication protocols (I2C, SPI, RS485/RS232 and USB)
- Experience with Microchip’s Tools - MPLAB / MPLAB X / Harmony
- Experience developing embedded / IoT device software / firmware.
- Knowledge and experience with analog, digital and embedded systems design, development, test engineering, and manufacturing.
- Ability to read hardware block diagrams, schematics, and wiring diagrams.
- Must be capable of thoroughly documenting complex system designs.
Contact: John Terkovich